Box 189, 284 Tatty Hill Road
Canada, K0J 1H0
phone: (613) 293-0858
fax: (613) 752-1496
About Mono Instrument Services
The president of Mono Instrument Services Ltd. is Doug Bevington. Doug worked for Perkin Elmer Canada Ltd. for 17years. He held positions from field service engineer through to the National Service Manager for Canada. In 1997, Doug made a career change and started Mono Instrument Services. Mono has since incorporated and is now Mono Instrument Services Ltd.
Since 1997 Doug has been servicing classic spectrophotometers used in the optical measurement market. A strategic alliance with Avian Group USA has helped both Mono and Avian broaden their scope of deliverables. Another alliance with the National Research Council of Canada's (NRC) Institute for National Measurement Standards (INMS) has further enhanced the reputation and research capabilities of Mono Instrument Services Ltd.
View Client list.
Below is a list of some milestones and accomplishments:
- Documented the NRC INMS Photometry and Radiometry Group operating procedures for the Calibration and Measurements services that it offers.
- Researched, designed and lead the project to measure the detector linearity of the Perkin Elmer 983G Infrared Spectrophotometer to bring "traceable to NRC" status to the IR Regular Transmittance Calibration Services offered.
- Working with Dr. Nelson Rowell of the NRC INMS Infrared measurement lab, Mono conceptualized and designed the Mono Instruments MARK I Infrared detector. This detector will be released in the year 2002 and is expected to enhance and prolong the performance of the world famous PE 983G and 580B Infrared Spectrophotometers.
- Doug created and wrote a web based Quality Manual for the impending ISO/IEC 17025 audit as part of the world-wide Mutual Recognition Arrangement under the CIPM.
- Formed another alliance with Optical Data Associates in Tucson, Arizona. Dr. Michael Jacobson and Doug Bevington are working together to enhance high accuracy transmission and reflection measurements in the infrared.